• Must have 5 – 12 yrs. of experience in Merchandising majorly with Export House.
• Must have handled 60-70 days lead time shipment.
• Must have handled USA, European buyers.
• Candidates from reputed institutes will be preferred.
• Specific Skills / Essential Skills
• Strong in Ms-Office, word, excel, PPT, ERP exposure is essential.
• Knowledge of Design and product especially from European market
• Deep understanding of product.
• Good communication skills and team player.
• Basic knowledge of Fabrics i.e. majorly textiles and sublimation printing.
• Negotiation skills.
Keyskills : Merchandising Export House Design Shipment Negotiation Skills MS Office Word Communication Skills Apparel Merchandising
Director of purchasing
The Director of Purchasing will have the overall responsibility for the operational performance of the company’s product sourcing and procurement. Oversees the purchasing, quality, pricing and turnover of items to meet the strategic goals of the company. Successes will be measured through achieving targeted company and management initiatives, and meeting operational and financial benchmarks.
Provide strategic direction to procurement team including: prioritizing activities, goal setting, program development and communication
Recommend and establish strategic sourcing programs specific to customer needs and expectations
Procurement of materials, packaging and supplies on behalf of the Company.
Explore sourcing alternatives and new products
Maintains proper ordering procedures according to company policy to ensure effective inventory control to maximize sales
Assist maintenance department in the procurement
Coordinate management in acquisition of equipment and other assets required to complete capital projects.
Interface closely with R&D function to qualify new vendors and products with lower costs and / or improved quality.
Serve as a resource to the Marketing and Sales functions in the new product development process.
Communicate consistently and effectively with internal and external partners
Work closely with the team to ensure we are obtaining the right products, at the best value available, at the best cost
Partner with sales and operations teams to support new product/new customer sales
Establish program to measure and monitor performance, including compliance with quality standards.
Provide raw material cost forecasts for the annual budget process.
Perform other duties as assigned
Negotiate measurable and sustainable year-over-year cost savings on a consistent basis.
Minimize inventory levels while still minimizing product outages and resulting production downtime.
Improve overall procurement processes, including regular category reviews, formal bid programs and systematic measurement of vendor performance.
Conduct activities with a continuous focus on improving the quality of the Company’s products.
Develop and mentor the purchasing staff.
Serve as a valued resource to the Company’s senior management team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, preferred
Minimum of 10 years of procurement experience, preferably at the Manager or Director level.
Experience in futures contracting / hedging.
Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of products, suppliers, retailers, vendors, market pricing factors, and quality indicators
Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of garment industry to forecast product prices and seasonal availability
Advanced understanding of how to lead and develop teams by building mutual trust, respect and cooperation amongst team members
Excellent communication, relationship building and negotiating skills
Strong analytical and quantitative ability
Demonstrated solid working knowledge of Microsoft Applications, including Word & Excel (including spreadsheets)
Must be a hands-on person who comfortable with lean, fast-paced working environments.
Director of operations
The Director Operations, is responsible for driving partner satisfaction and organizational focus on delivering operational excellence and exceeding partner expectations. The Director provides leadership, support, advocacy and vision to a group of Site Operation Managers, responsible for planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, centralizing and administrating all warehouse activities in an assigned region including managing orders, and fulfilling sales and gross margin goals and growth objectives established by the Company. This position reports to the Vice President of Operations. This position requires the availability to travel 75%.
We are driven to be the leader in our industry and will only accept those that live by that same drive and enthusiasm.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maximize operational efficiencies using defined metrics continuously improving operational performance while optimizing both company and partner measures.
• Ensuring partner satisfaction through regular communication and execution of both internal and external key performance indicators. Including, but not limited to monthly site visits and quarterly business reviews with partner executive on-site and regional leadership. Will ensure compliance to company safety policies
• Coordinate staffing and operational needs of all operations within assigned region in conjunction with Human Resources Department, including hiring, firing, performance appraisals, transfers, promotions, discipline, and identifying and resolving problems all within established Company policies, processes and procedures.
• Provide regional information to appropriate Company personnel in order to maintain effective communications within Company related to competitor actions and partner activities.
• Plan, implement, monitor, evaluate and coordinate all activities in the assigned region to achieve the budgeted sales, pricing, and gross margin objectives and goals established by Company.
• Quotes various rates for partner and analyzes possible routes for new business.
• Contact and visit national and regional service warehouses, 3PL’s, grocery/non-grocery warehouses, trucking and transportation firms, or any other sales channel partners to achieve budgeted sales channel penetration and retain current Company partners.
• Communicates with partners to handle any escalated partner service issues or complaints.
• Oversee and monitor partner contacts by regional employees under supervision to ensure all employees of Company are meeting the professional and quality standards established by Company.
Oversee and maintain procedure for ensuring multiple warehouse site managers and supervisors have appropriate practices and controls in place to ensure a safe and secure workplace for employees in conjunction with the safety and human resources departments.
• Direct, coordinate, and assign work activities to all employees under supervision in assigned region and monitor, review and evaluate work product, methods, and procedures of those employees.
• Compliance and site-level accountability to all safety programs, policies and procedures.
• Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Logistics or related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
• Five to ten year’s operations management within retail or distribution with multiple location responsibility. 3PL experience preferred. Wholesale and retail experience a plus.
• Experience starting up and managing new locations.
• Must be able and willing to travel 75% or more.
• Must have prior P&L or Cost Center Control responsibility
• Must be proficient in Microsoft office, including Excel
• Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)